Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Daytime singletracking

Whoever thought it was a good idea to do track work on the Red Line today needs to be disabused of this notion.  Preferably with a heavy club.  Repeatedly.


This is a map of the DC metro.  It normally takes me about 20 to go from the platform at Silver Spring to my desk in Metro Center.


Today, I left a little early and hopped the metro 15 minutes earlier than usual.  The train stopped at Takoma station for 5 minutes.  The train stopped at Ft Totten for 8 minutes.  And the train stopped at Brookland-CUA for 16 minutes.  This doesn't include the time it takes for the train to actually drive to each station.  So I sat on a train for almost an hour until it finally pulled into my station.  I was 15 minutes late to work, and only because I flew off that platform and raced up the escalators so as not to be any later.


Every person on that train had similar looks on their faces.


So thank you, DC metro.  As always, it has not been a pleasure riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment