Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One day more


I hate waiting.


I swear my family is being driven up a wall here.  I spent the end of last week writing a paper which will (hopefully!!) get published.  But once that was in, I kinda ran outta things to do.  Again.  I've seen and said goodbye to my family, my friends, my wonderful boyfriend, and have absolutely nothing to do to take my mind off the fact that a) I am leaving and b) I still have to wait to leave.


Oh, did I mention I have most everything packed??  I'm missing a few pictures for a photo album I'm taking with me and the last of my laundry to finish up.  So I'm kinda wandering around restlessly.  And listening to a ton of music.  And feeding the cabin fever.


Buuuuuuuuuut tomorrow!!  I fly out at night and have a short layover in England.  By the time I finally make it to Russia, it'll be 5pm (St. Petersburg time) on the 31st.  Chances are I'll be half dead from lack of sleep, my phone will be mostly dead, and my ipod all dead.  BUT I'LL BE IN RUSSIA!!  CIEE has a program dinner at the hotel we students are staying at just after we arrive, and there's three days worth of orientation before I meet my host family and begin classes and such.  Apparently a lot of the homestays are babushkas (grandmothers).  I'm excited.  Hopefully whoever I get will kindly teach me how to cook.  I'd love to come back knowing how to cook good Russian food.  Mmmmm.


So yeah.  One day more.  It'll be an emotional whirlwind for a few days, but hey.  Пусть бушует шторм - холод всегда мне был по душе.



No comments:

Post a Comment